Your privacy is very important to us. Any information we receive about you will be treated as strictly confidential.
We deal with personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We also comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes restrictions on sending commercial electronic messages. AOHare also adheres to Australian Privacy Principles as laid down under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) March, Act 2014.
What we collect and how we use it
If you visit this site to read or download information, our web server will record your server address, domain name, date and time of your visit to our site, pages viewed and the information downloaded. This information is used solely for statistical and web site development purposes.
Should you decide to submit information to us using any of our online forms (for example, contact us page) we will request the following personal information:
- Email address
- Telephone number/s
- Information specific to your request (e.g. your comments etc.)
- If you submit a request to subscribe, we will add your details to the particular subscription list.
- If you submit feedback, we will forward your submission to our web development team or the appropriate division/department/ office pertaining to your submission.
- If you submit a recruitment application, we will forward your details to the contact person shown on the recruitment page.
It is our policy not to sell or pass on any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so. An exception to this is where it may be required by law to disclose certain information.
We will preserve the contents of any email message that you send us if we believe that we have a requirement to do so. Emails sent to or from A O'Hare Funeral Directors may be monitored for systems administration and legal compliance purposes.
Access and correction of personal information
If you believe any information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via our contact page or call (+61) (0)2 9569 1811
and we will review and correct it accordingly.
Individuals may request access to their personal information and request its correction by writing to A O'Hare Funeral Directors Pty Ltd (details below).
Security of Personal Information
A O'Hare Funeral Directors Pty Ltd holds the personal information it collects on electronic databases and in hard copy records. We take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information against the loss, misuse, interference and/or unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration of information under our control. These security measures include:
- Firewalls - to prevent the hacking of our database;
- Clauses in employee agreements requiring confidentiality and training on the importance of the privacy legislation;
- Appropriate security access to A O'Hare Funeral Directors Pty Ltd premises, staff and systems;
- The use of passwords for access to database information and the use of security levels within the database to ensure that staff only access the information required to perform their duties;
- Security bins for the disposal of written information.
Where appropriate, we use secure transmission facilities. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure and we do not warrant the security of any information transmitted by or to us over the Internet.